More Than A Game, commonly referred to as MTAG (em-tag), is a non-profit organization that uses athletics as a vehicle to globally serve others. The organization was founded six years ago fueled by the desire to present the game of baseball to new cultures and communities. The founders quickly realized the positive off the field influences that baseball had on these communities, and adopted a name that signified the broader significance: “More Than A Game.”
MTAG’s goal is to inspire athletes and coaches to use their sport as a pedestal to propel them to become leaders in their communities. MTAG strives to empower these leaders through Community Outreach Projects, Immersion Projects, and Equipment Drives. In turn, these projects inspire entire communities, a fact which provides more opportunities for young athletes while empowering them to reach their potential as leaders.
What We've Achieved
- Field Construction in Bongo, Panama.
- Field Renovation and creation of baseball program in Medellin, Colombia.
- Creation of after school baseball program that serves over 300 kids in Limbe, Cameroon.
- Field Construction in La Romama, Dominican Republic
- Field Renovation in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
- Placement of international student-athletes
- Placement of students abroad in service projects
- Domestic field renovations, clinics, service projects and equipment drives